As battery regeneration technology has improved it is now a popular and cost effective solution. It is estimated that 80% of batteries breaking down and losing capacity are sulphated, but can be restored with the right equipment.
Industrial Truck Sales has invested in Energic Plus battery regenerator technology and can successfully remove sulphation using its electrical high-frequency pulsation process. This process restores the battery capacity, giving you the ability to reuse old and sulphated batteries. You can also use the battery regenerator for annual maintenance to strongly prolong the lifespan of your batteries.
- Combination of battery discharger and battery charger all in one
- Detailed test reports
- Expanded lifespan of batteries
- Quick regenerations
When a battery’s energy charge is drained and needs to be charged during normal working cycles, sulphate crystals gradually build up on the electrodes, preventing the battery from effectively delivering current. The crystals in effect suffocate the battery. This lead sulphate increases internal resistance and decreases the specific gravity of the electrolyte. The process of sulphation build-up is unavoidable. Worse yet, after 3-4 years the process accelerates substantially.
Batteries sulphate due to a mix of reasons:
- The battery was inactive for too long
- The battery was discharged too deeply
- The wrong charger was used
- A bad cell was left untreated
- The battery has reached too high/low temperatures
- The charge cycles were disrespected
- The battery was charged when it had not reached 80% depth of discharge (DOD)
With Jungheinrich Snap Fit – costly battery mistakes can be heavily reduced. Fast and safer.